Here is the final class presentation .
Here is a zip file with the demo from last week of a Responsive Mobile optimized page.
More Responsive Web Design Resources:
Chapters 1, 2 & 3 from Jquery: Novice to Ninga
by: Earle Castledine & Craig Shakie
Fall 2011 password: baisemain (case sensitive)
Here is David Beaudouin’s presentation on Content Strategy.
Here are some links to articles about Content Strategy.
- Content strategy deliverables
- Content strategy weblog
- The discipline of contentstrategy
- Content strategy
- Importance of web content strategy
- Complete beginners guide to content strategy/
- Content strategy part 1/li>
- Content strategy part 2
- Content templates to the rescue
There is also a Content Strategy Group on Google Groups.
Here is Joe’s Custom Post Type presentation from last week.
Below is a list of articles related to using custom post types.
- Custom post types tutorials tools advice
- Create your first wordpress custom post type
- Custom post types in wordpress
- How to use custom post types
- WordPress custom post types guide/
Here is Joe’s list of recommended WordPress plugins.
This week we will begin talking about designing for Content Management Systems. Our guest speaker this week is John Berndt the founder and principle strategist of The Berndt Group. John is a senior strategic analyst with experience in large-scale content management implementations, information architecture, usability, and customer analytics.
Please read this Smashing Magazine – Designing for Content Management Systems article and this series of articles.
In preparation for beginning to design to a CMS please be sure to read these articles on Web Typography
- CSS Typography: The Basics
- CSS Typography: Techniques and Best Practices
- Technical Web Typography: Guidelines and Techniques
- On web typography
- More meaningful typography
Markup assignment due Oct 11
Add a well thought out typography layer to your grid framework. You can use font embedding via any font embedding service.
Tonight’s class will be canceled. Please submit any out standing assignments by the end of the week. I will post a new reading assignment and a markup assignment by late tomorrow. Sorry for the late notice.